Wednesday, August 19, 2009

20 Months

I must admit that I’m a little depressed today.  School starts here today, and the sound of the school bus made me think about in no time at all it will be Caroline getting on that bus…well, maybe not that EXACT one since it was the short bus, but you get the idea.  I am so thankful for the time God has blessed me with to be here with my sweet Caroline.  She is such a joy…always curious about everything!!!  She is constantly cracking us up.  The other day in Target she saw a black man and started screaming “Dickson, Dickson (the African college student that stayed with my parents over the summer)!”  She was so disappointed when it wasn’t him.  Over the weekend we went to TN for a family reunion.  We stayed with Chris’ cousins.  While in the bathroom Caroline found a headband on the floor and stuck it up to her forehead and said, “Gunga’s (Grandma) hat (ha, ha), Silly Goose.”  She always sees my mom wear a visor since her hair has been coming back in from the chemo, so she thought she’d pretend to put on “Gunga’s hat.”  She’s such a nut.  Please keep our family in your prayers as Mom and Dad return to Duke next week.

20 Months FINAL

0 comments: